Outdoor Wedding Venue Photo: Peace 4 Art Photography
OneWed posts its Top 10 Wedding Trends for 2011, and we think many of them will be a hit with brides and grooms on their wedding day. To sum it up, “sophisticated elegance” will make a splash from wedding venues to colors and from bridal gowns to wedding invitations.
1. Sophisticated Elegance Returns: Elegant, sophisticated style returns in 2011. Simple, understated wedding décor, with modern design elements trumping DIY touches. Scripted calligraphy, custom monograms and classic wedding cakes embody this trend. Brides will wear pearls, and grooms will ditch the Converse in favor of more tasteful wedding day kicks.
2. Outdoor Venues: Outdoor ceremony and reception venues will take center stage in 2011. An outdoor setting leaves room for personalization and customization, a major perk for creative, hands-on engaged couples. Lakeside venues, vineyard locations and spaces alongside sprawling mountains will dominate, with personal touches that represent the bride and groom.
3. Grey is the New Black, Crazy for Navy: Bucking its gloomy stereotype, grey is the neutral “It” color for 2011 weddings. Organic and natural shades of charcoal, dove, stone, oyster and shell will be incorporated liberally into wedding color palettes and paired with vibrant hues to make the colors pop! And while grey remains the talk of the town for 2011, navy blue (and other deep blues) are definitely on-trend for the coming year. OneWed asks: “Wonder if Prince William’s royal wedding has anything to do with the crazy for navy trend?”
4. Mad for Metallic & Bold Color Palettes: Whether it’s two bright hues with a metallic accent or several metallic shades used together, bright colors and metallic accents will be popular choices for wedding color palettes in 2011. Gilded gold, shimmery silver and sparkling champagne will be used alone or with accents of yellow, purple or teal. And since metallics make such a bold statement, couples will scale back over-the-top décor in favor of a more restrained style aesthetic.
5. Big Ball Gowns: Dramatic ball gown wedding dresses floated down 2011 bridal catwalks in droves. Wedding dress designers draped, gathered and layered tulle, power netting and chiffon to fashion wedding dresses with limitless volume. The outcome? Fairytale-inspired bridal style and whimsical wedding dresses for 2011.
6. Grooms Walk on the Stylish Side: Grooms are taking a stand in the name of fashion. Their tux choices will no longer be dictated by some “rent 5, get 1 free” deal. Instead, they’ll choose formal looks that represent their unique style. Bow ties will replace classic long neckties, and embroidered dress shirts, engraved cufflinks, stylish lapel pins and the color of the season – grey – will grace the aisles.
7. Wedding Invitations Go Green: Green weddings continue full speed ahead in 2011. From totally paperless wedding invitations and save-the-date announcements, to stationery printed on 100% recycled paper, invitations have truly gone green.
8. Luxurious Textures: Luxurious textured fabrics will bring a sumptuous, opulent vibe to 2011 weddings. Wedding dresses will feature 3D appliqués, layered light fabrics (tulle, lace, chiffon), romantic ruffles, oversized floral, and illusion fabric with eye-catching beading. Textured linens will be layered to dress up reception tables, chair covers may be embroidered or beaded, and branchy centerpieces and floral arrangements will captivate wedding guests.
9. Ethnic Influences, Cultural Wedding Details: At long last, brides and grooms are embracing and showcasing their unique cultural traditions and ethnicity. Whether it’s a religious wedding ceremony ritual, traditional wedding day garb, cultural cuisine infused throughout the reception dinner, or wedding decor with bold, ethnic prints, you can’t help but embrace the unique cultures and ethnicities of couples in 2011.
10. Revved-Up Wedding Receptions: Who wants the best day of their lives to end? Not couples and guests in 2011, that’s for sure! Couples will plan a post-reception after party lasting into the wee hours of the night with drinks, entertainment, dancing and snacks so that wedding guests can party all night long!