Weddings with vintage details evoke classic romance, honor the charm of bygone eras and stir feelings of nostalgia, whether through vintage wedding gowns, vintage wedding accessories or traditions of yesteryear. There’s something about intricate vintage lace, either on a wedding dress, ring bearer pillow or garter. And weaving vintage appeal into your wedding ceremony or reception isn’t hard to do because these small details can make a big impact. For brides who like the juxtaposition of a modern dress with vintage accessories think about how to effectively accessorize – maybe with vintage inspired bridal jewelry or bridal headpieces. Wear a rhinestone brooch, wedding jewelry set, crystal shoe clips, drop earrings or chandelier earrings, or glamorous headpiece, such as a rhinestone barrette, bridal hair comb, bridal tiara, bridal hair pin, bridal headband or bridal feather. Birdcage veils or French net blushers are also a popular choice for vintage appeal. You don’t have to stick to a single style if you prefer just a hint of a classic era. Or, opt to intertwine this concept into wedding accessories like flower girl dresses, flower girl baskets, bridal shoes, bridal purses, wedding veils, wedding umbrellas, guest books, toasting flutes and wedding invitations. A vintage wedding is one that guests will remember and you will, too. Advantage Bridal features many vintage wedding accessories and vintage bridal accessories for a touch of whimsy.
Posts Tagged ‘flower girl baskets’
At Advantage Bridal, we love to know what’s hot, what’s new and what’s in store ahead. That’s why we attend bridal shows and bridal markets to get the latest scoop, so you can plan for the wedding you always imagined while we gather the goods.
This just in: Wedding color schemes that match everything! Yes, that means bridesmaid dresses, bridesmaid gloves, bridal shoes, bridal garters, wedding sashes, ring bearer pillows, flower girl baskets, unity candles, guest books, cake toppers, wedding invitations, personalized napkins, etc.
This wedding trend isn’t about hints of color here and there or simply coordinating hues, but a full commitment to your wedding color of choice – in large doses. We chose sage green for our inspiration board because its romantic, soft hue always looks lovely.
So don’t be afraid to go big and make a dramatic statement. It can be done with soft or bold colors, depending on the season and the overall mood you want to convey. Look to nature, veggies and jewels for inspiration on shades of green, like apples, asparagus, honeydew, olives, pine trees, emeralds and jade. Ideas abound all around us.
Incoming search terms:
These days, the new trend is not how much you spend on your wedding, but how much you save. Couples nationwide have proved that it can be done for significantly less than the $27,000 average cost of wedding, without skimping on the details. Think you can do it?
It’s possible to plan a budget wedding, but you need a plan and discipline to stick to your wedding budget. Everything else should fall into place. Remember, the most important aspect of your wedding day is the vows between you and your husband to be; the rest just makes it more special. The key is to know your budget, stick to it and negotiate with vendors! They want the business as much as you want what they’re offering.
Planning a budget wedding:
1. Marry in the off-season on any day but Saturday.
2. Cut the guest list: don’t worry about pleasing distant relatives and acquaintances.
3. Hold the wedding ceremony and wedding reception at the same venue.
4. Larger reception tables means fewer centerpieces and tablecloths.
5. Shop for décor in the off-season or look for great deals with online vendors, such as Advantage Bridal.
6. Use more greenery and in-season flowers. Skip costly flowers and stick to one or two varieties or go green with potted plants/flowers.
7. Evening weddings cost more and so do dinner menus, but a day wedding with lunch can cut costs in half.
8. Serve appetizers and drinks rather than the main course.
9. An open bar equals more money, but a cash bar gives guests the option to drink while footing the bill. Or, place a bottle of red and white wine on each table and skip the champagne toast.
10. Serve sheet cake with a smaller, decorated cake for pictures.
11. DIY invitations (stationary), favors and other wedding accessories take more time, but the payoff is well worth it.
12. Shop bridal trunk shows, revamp a vintage wedding dress or buy a gently used gown for significantly less.
13. Photographers cost a pretty penny, but there are definitely ways to save here and still get quality photos. You don’t really need two photographers, which skyrockets costs. Or ask about using a photographer’s assistant instead.
14. Look for entertainment vendors willing to bargain. Many universities have student musicians who can play at your wedding for less than traditional vendors (ask the music department for a list).
15. Skip the extras! You might feel like you must have it, but sometimes less is more.
You are only limited by your imagination when planning an unforgettable but budget friendly wedding. Advantage Bridal is recognized as one of the top online vendors with great customer service and value. We want you to enjoy the wedding of your dreams. Search our website for wedding ideas and great deals on wedding invitations, bridal accessories, bridal party gifts, flower girl baskets, bridal shoes, wedding flip flops, bridal garters, bridal head pieces and much, much more. We sell almost everything but the dress!
Incoming search terms:
With so many adorable flower girl shoes at Advantage Bridal, you might have a hard time deciding on the perfect pair! Flower girls are already the cutest members of the bridal party, and we have the flower girls shoes that will make the guests go gaga over their attire from head to toe. Our selection of girls special occasion shoes for weddings, first communions, pageants and other memorable events, ranges from effortlessy sassy to perfectly sparkly. Choose a pair to match the flower girl gowns and the style of your wedding.
Our little girls footwear includes baby girl shoes and toddler girl shoes, as well as sizes for older flower girls. The girls classic ballet slippers – available in white, ivory, pink, black, silver and gold – look great with intimate weddings and elaborate affairs. Advantage Bridal also carries sequin ballet slippers, satin ballet slippers, dyeable satin flower girl shoes, Little Miss Pink by Paradox London shoes, girls Mary Jane shoes, Savvy Sneaks (decorated girls sneakers), low girls heels and pumps, and many others. Check out our flower girl accessories to coordinate all the pieces on your special day, such as fancy socks, tights, flower girl baskets, flower girl dresses, flower girl gloves, flower girl tiaras, flower girl jewelry, flower girl flip flops and flower girl gifts! We’re a one-stop shop for all your wedding accessories, bridal party accessories and bridal accessories.
Incoming search terms:
Capture the sweet innocence of the smallest of your wedding party with to-die-for flower girl dresses. A flower girl dress fit for any age, including babies, toddlers and teens, brings princesses to life. Guests enjoy watching them strut down the aisle, where anything can happen. Flower girl gowns come in romantic whites, creamy ivories and other hues of exquisite fabrics, such as silk, organza and lace. Advantage Bridal features flower girl dresses, junior bridesmaid dresses and communion dresses that satisfy even the pickiest shoppers. We have Sweetie Pie and Winnie Mini couture girls dresses, inexpensive flower girls dresses (clearance items), flower girl baskets, flower girl shoes and flower girl gifts.