Here’s some sweet inspiration for your wedding reception, bridal shower or wedding rehearsal party. Custom Candy Buffet and Dessert Bars by the Hollywood Candy Girls, as they’re called in L.A., cater to the guests’ sweet tooth. Brides and grooms can still have their wedding cake and eat it, too. Candy buffet and dessert bars are an added indulgence that allow guests to bring home a sweet treat after the wedding. They can be coordinated to match your wedding theme, complete with signage, tables and all the sweets one could imagine! The candy buffet and dessert bar is a unique wedding idea that is becoming a popular staple at the wedding reception. We love wedding ideas that showcase creativity and out-of-the-box reception options. And who didn’t love going to the candy store when they were a kid?
TIPS FOR CREATING A CANDY BUFFET by Hollywood Candy Girl Jackie:
- Pick a theme or color scheme that will serve as direction when picking out props, candy colors and treats.
- Locate a space that is visible to your guests, which will allow your candy buffet to be a beautiful decorative addition to your event (i.e. a foyer, existing bar or on a patio).
- Select interesting vessels and containers for your candy. They don’t have to be the same; mix them up but make sure they all flow together. Vintage shops & thrift stores are great for finding interesting pieces.
- Select your candy by color, and you may want to include some custom treats that are made in your color scheme or theme from a local bakery.
- Don’t forget scoops & tongs ~ always keep it clean.
- Provide your guests with goody bags or boxes to grab some treats as a to-go favor!