Shopping for engagement rings and wedding rings is an exciting adventure, but couples often want to know how much they should spend for wedding jewelry. There are theories and tales about how much one should spend, but statistics paint an accurate picture of what to expect. Based on 10,000 brides and 1,000 grooms, the 2011 wedding jewelry statistics have been released, courtesy of The Knot and Wedding Channel. See if your choices match the majority below. Or, did you opt for a totally unique wedding ring? A stone besides a diamond?
(2011) AVERAGE ENGAGEMENT RING & WEDDING RING STATISTICS
- Engagement Ring Cost: $5,200
- Carat Size: 1 carat for center stone; 1.4 carats total stones
- Most Popular Engagement Ring Shapes: Round (53%) and Princess (30%)
- Most Popular Engagement Ring Metal: 73% of rings are made of white gold
- Time It Takes for Groom to Find Engagement Ring: 3 months
- Wedding Band Cost: $1,126 for brides; $491 for grooms
- Most Popular Wedding Band Metal: For brides, 70% are white gold; for grooms, 34% are white gold
- The Luxury Ring Segment: About 12% of couples spend more than $8,000 on the engagement ring
- Luxury Engagement Ring Cost: $13,500
- Luxury Engagement Ring Carat Size: 1.5 carats for center stone; more than 2 carats total stones
- Luxury Wedding Ring Cost: $1,560 for brides; $731 for grooms
Advantage Bridal‘s large selection of bridal jewelry and bridesmaid jewelry makes gift shopping for that special someone very easy. Our wedding jewelry is available at all price points and items include, bridal jewelry sets, couture jewelry, birthstone jewelry, pearl strands, silver chain bracelets, charms, brooches, earrings and more! We even have the royal earrings inspired by Princess Catherine Middleton. Shop for all your bridal accessories at our one-stop shop for everything wedding!