Budget Wedding, Cheap Wedding, Inexpensive Wedding, Save on Wedding
These days, the new trend is not how much you spend on your wedding, but how much you save. Couples nationwide have proved that it can be done for significantly less than the $27,000 average cost of wedding, without skimping on the details. Think you can do it?
It’s possible to plan a budget wedding, but you need a plan and discipline to stick to your wedding budget. Everything else should fall into place. Remember, the most important aspect of your wedding day is the vows between you and your husband to be; the rest just makes it more special. The key is to know your budget, stick to it and negotiate with vendors! They want the business as much as you want what they’re offering.
Planning a budget wedding:
1. Marry in the off-season on any day but Saturday.
2. Cut the guest list: don’t worry about pleasing distant relatives and acquaintances.
3. Hold the wedding ceremony and wedding reception at the same venue.
4. Larger reception tables means fewer centerpieces and tablecloths.
5. Shop for décor in the off-season or look for great deals with online vendors, such as Advantage Bridal.
6. Use more greenery and in-season flowers. Skip costly flowers and stick to one or two varieties or go green with potted plants/flowers.
7. Evening weddings cost more and so do dinner menus, but a day wedding with lunch can cut costs in half.
8. Serve appetizers and drinks rather than the main course.
9. An open bar equals more money, but a cash bar gives guests the option to drink while footing the bill. Or, place a bottle of red and white wine on each table and skip the champagne toast.
10. Serve sheet cake with a smaller, decorated cake for pictures.
11. DIY invitations (stationary), favors and other wedding accessories take more time, but the payoff is well worth it.
12. Shop bridal trunk shows, revamp a vintage wedding dress or buy a gently used gown for significantly less.
13. Photographers cost a pretty penny, but there are definitely ways to save here and still get quality photos. You don’t really need two photographers, which skyrockets costs. Or ask about using a photographer’s assistant instead.
14. Look for entertainment vendors willing to bargain. Many universities have student musicians who can play at your wedding for less than traditional vendors (ask the music department for a list).
15. Skip the extras! You might feel like you must have it, but sometimes less is more.
You are only limited by your imagination when planning an unforgettable but budget friendly wedding. Advantage Bridal is recognized as one of the top online vendors with great customer service and value. We want you to enjoy the wedding of your dreams. Search our website for wedding ideas and great deals on wedding invitations, bridal accessories, bridal party gifts, flower girl baskets, bridal shoes, wedding flip flops, bridal garters, bridal head pieces and much, much more. We sell almost everything but the dress!